Well, we are ending the 31 Days of Moment’s Treasured with a bang! What a night! Here are a few highlights:
- Laughing with friends at the hot chocolate table
- The chaos of trying to provide a steady flow of hot chocolate & coffee without proper equipment!
- ALL the kids helping out all night, loving it and then thanking us for letting them help out!
- The lady who said she was going to call her friends, the owners of the house we are renting and tell them not to come home!
- Watching all the personalities of FHG Church interacting with the community, you all are a bunch of characters!
- The many, many words of gratitude from the people we served.
- The circle of believers at the end, tired but content and praising God for His work complete
- Watching Katie Ann run a booth all night, talking to people, encouraging them, inviting them to church and cheering them on in Angry Birds!
- Finishing the night with a couple songs of worship from Timothy
- Watching my kids trick or treat for the first time. I haven’t done that more than 3 times in my life, wasn’t terribly impressed with this method of candy getting, but whatever…
- The biggest blessing was serving with the body. There was lots of hard work, but lots of laughter and joy involved and that wonderful feeling knowing that you have done something in Jesus’ name, you just can’t beat that!
Sorry! My phone ran low on battery so I didn’t get any pictures later in the night with the team and all the booths, besides, there was too much going on!
Here are some approximate stats:
- 700+ cups of coffee & hot chocolate served
- 500 Snickers Bars given out
- Over 1,000 people coming through
- 250 FHG Church invitations handed out
- 12 Adults Helping to run it all
- 12 Kids Helping out too!
It has been a great month and I have learned a lot in seeking out those special moments. Thank you so much for taking this journey with me, it was a good, good thing.