Days can toss you to and fro as the moments of joy and sorrow ebb and flow with the tide.
One moment my sweet friend was coming for a visit, and the next, she received heartbreaking news. As we cry and pray with these hurting friends, I am reminded of the others.
I thought this today: “They are now being added to the list of beloved ones in sorrow, this list only grows…” It can all be so overwhelming and disheartening. As I said just five days ago: How can all of this joy and pain, darkness and light coexist? We cry out to Him as our body groans for the joy to come.
I have determined to praise You and so I praise You still.
So in this day of contrasts I am thankful for these things:
- The history we share with the Richard’s family
- For the love that this sweet baby has from their family and God’s people
- That He holds her tenderly for eternity
- For a great afternoon chatting with a friend and her children
- For time spent with my nieces and nephew and brother in law tonight
- Time, moments, with my kids and husband throughout this day
“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:19-21 ESV)
Moments. Stashed. You have my heart.